Friday, January 4, 2013

iPhoneography

iPhoneography has become a huge sensation recently.. iPhone camera quality has improved soo much, and the quality of the images is unbelievable ..looking back at old flip phones and even old digital cameras, the iPhone 4/4S & 5 cameras puts them all to shame. 
So heres a few products that I think might improve your iPhoneography :)

Tripods are one of the most important things when it comes to photography, theres nothing worse than a blurry image because you cant hold the camera still..well the same goes with iPhoneography, sometimes when youre trying to get the perfect shot, it just doesnt work, because while youre taking the picture you move ever so slightly, and it completely ruins the image. So a little solution is this:

A great, folding tabletop stand for your iPhone 4/4S (3GS model also available). Great for HD Videos, watching movies on iTunes, or Facetime. The iPhone mount can be removed so you can use your iPhone on any tripod. The FlipCage can also hold your favorite point-and-shoot camera.

This is a pretty cool idea, but I think the design needs a little work..
It was really hard to slide my phone into the little clip thing, and pretty hard to remove too. I thought my phone was going to get stuck in there. But after putting it on and off a few times, it seems to have loosened up a little..
It has this annoying little strapy thing on it, which I cant figure out how to remove without cutting. It kind of gets in the way and tangles around the thing.
It has these two little white things that clip onto the bottom part, which Im honestly not sure what theyre for, and I dont see them explained anywhere.
The product itself seems a little cheesy, its made from plastic.
The packaging doesnt include any sort of instructions. I know the thing is pretty self explanatory, but some people still might need a little help.
Its really cool that you can take it off of the mount and use it on any tripod, and its awesome that you can use it for your point and shoot.

This is also available for the 3GS. You can buy it from GaryFongStore.com for around $40 (on sale now for $30)

Another option for iPhone tripods is the

This is another tripod option for you iPhone. It includes a really nice case for protection, two connectors (not sure why it comes with two though), and the xshot tripod. This one can also be used on any tripod, but unlike the flipcage this one can be used in either portrait or landscape. It can also be used on other xshot products such as the camera extender.

Again, a great idea. I actually like this one better than the flipcage, it has more functions, easier to use, and I think better quality. 
The case that comes with it seems to be really great quality, its thick enough to add great protection, but not so thick that its bulky. It has all the holes to leave your buttons and speakers open. It fits great. And its this kind of rubbery texture which has great grip. I really like this case..
Like I mentioned above, it has two little connectors. Im not sure why it comes with two, I think one would be fine. There are two connection options on the case, but you can really only use one at a time. But its always nice to have a backup, so thats a plus.
The tripod that comes with it is a flex mini tripod, reminds me a little of the Joby Gorillapod, which I was super excited about. But when I strated messing with it, its not at all like that. You cant bend the legs very much, you cant wrap them around stuff, and when your phones on there if theyre not sitting right, it will fall over. If they worked on the tripod a little I think it would be perfect.
But all together its a really great product. Really nice quality, and being able to use it on any tripod or other xshot prducts is super cool.

You can find this and other xshot products at xshot.com. Retails for about $35

So out of the two tripods, I prefer the xshot. I think its nicer, better quality, cool case, and cheaper.

And now for the most exciting part of this post :)
Your camera is nothing without your lenses, right?
So it makes sense to add lenses to your iPhone, right?
RIGHT!

The olloclip is a quick-connect lens solution for the iPhone that includes fisheye, wide-angle and macro lenses in one small, convenient package that easily fits in your pocket. Nestled in the palm of your hand, the olloclip connects to the iPhone within seconds so you’ll be sure to capture the image you want…if you don’t see the picture you’re looking for just flip it over to switch lenses.

Such an amazing idea! And such an amazing product!
The olloclip comes in three colors. White, black, and red. And in two "sizes" for the iPhone 4/4S and for the iPhone 5.
The 4/4S one can also be used with 4th generation ipods because they come with an adapter.
You can also buy replacement caps if you lose them..which im gonna have to do cuz my bad dog chewed up mine >:(
To use the olloclip its so easy you dont even have to think. All you do it slide it right over the corner where the camera is. It has a groove cut out so it doesnt press the lock button on top.
As you can see in the picture above, theres only two lenses on there. The Fisheye and the Wide angle. To use the macro lens you just unscrew the wideangle, and viola, the macro is underneath. Making it 3-in-1.
You can take some amazing, creative pictures with these lenses. I dont find myself using the fisheye very often, but its cool to have! The wideangle is super cool, I hate when theres a landscape you wanna capture, but you cant seem to fit it all in the picture. :( And the macro is so amazing! Just looking at your fingertips through it amazes me.
To use the macro, you have to move your phone closer or further from the subject, which an be a pain if you dont have something to rest your hand on it could be difficult to focus.
Here are a few examples of some pictures Ive taken using my macro lens.
 Water drop on the tip of a tiny leaf.
 My eyeball :P
And my puppies eye.
The details this lens picks up is pretty amazing for a cellphone image. 

I absolutely LOVE my olloclip, and I hope they continue to make them for iPhones for many years, cuz I will buy one every time I get a new phone! My new #1 must have for my phone! :)

You can buy your olloclip at olloclip.com $70 for either 4/4S or 5.

Disclaimer: Photos/videos are from products site. The products in this review were provided to me for the purpose of writing a review. This in no way effects the quality of the review provided. All opinions are my own. No monetary exchange occurred in exchange for this post or review. The views expressed in this review are strictly my own opinions. All reviews provided here are the work of myself and remain completely unbiased.

No comments:

Post a Comment